Quick Transposed Backing Track
We’re using ScoreCloud Songwriter, importing the audio file and using the automatic vocal source separation to get the accompaniment backing track. You will also get an automatic lead sheet with melody, lyrics and chords. This works best for songs with clear vocal sounds, but you can try any song!
Here’s how to make a backing track from an audio file:
- Import the audio file into ScoreCloud Songwriter
- Listen to just the accompaniment recording
- Transpose and/or change tempo
- If tempo was changed, enable Linear Timing
- Process audio
- Remove default effects
- Export backing track as MP3 or WAV
And that’s it!
Using ScoreCloud Songwriter really helps the process of making a lead sheet, chord chart, lyrics sheet or backing track. For notation, it works best for songs with acoustic instruments, single vocals and not too much effects, but this method is used by a wide range of musicians for many different styles!