Quick Lead Sheet from Recording
If you have a song you want to sing, for a show, recital or an audition, you need a Lead Sheet with Melody, Lyrics and Chords.
You will learn how to create a really fast lead sheet by getting an automatic transcription that you can edit, as well as transpose and change tempo.
We’re using ScoreCloud Songwriter, and importing the audio file to get an automatic lead sheet with melody, lyrics and chords. This works best for acoustic instruments and English vocals, but you can try any song!
Here’s how to make a lead sheet from a recording:
- Import the audio file into ScoreCloud Songwriter
- Listen to the results and tweak if necessary
- Transpose or change tempo
- Choose what to display: Melody Notation, Lyrics, Chord Symbols, Guitar Diagrams, Accompaniment Notation
- Share or Print your sheet
And that’s it!
Using ScoreCloud Songwriter really helps the process of making a lead sheet, chord chart or lyrics sheet. It works best for songs with acoustic instruments, single vocals and not too much effects, but this method is used by a wide range of musicians for many different styles!